Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Years

What a wonderful day! I am continuing to improve. We had a company today which was so wonderful!

I continue to be weak but am making improvements. It has only been 2 weeks and 2 days since my last surgery and I am doing better then I would have imagined before I had it. I have a lot to be thankful for!

My 40th birthday is this July and I have been thinking that my birthday will be a good thing. My 30's have been difficult with 6 surgeries and many physical challenges. I am looking forward to a new decade in my life and we pray that it will be a healthier decade for me. :) So no sad faces here to grow a little older. I think that I am gradually feeling younger and may feel younger on my 40th birthday then I have for many of the years of my 30's. I generally don't make New Year's resolutions but this year my goal is that my strength will be mostly or all regained by my 40th birthday. Here we go!

3 comments:

Carey said...

So glad things are going so well!! Praying your 40s are the best years of your life! (and your 50s and 60s and....)

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
So good to have you back in the office again! Seeing you bounce back is great. We continue to pray for your healing and strength. I am sure your 40's will be awesome!
What a blessing this surgery has been for you. Enjoy your family and your health every day.
God Bless~
Joyce

JillVanBaren said...

Wow Cindy! I didn't know until a few weeks ago what all you have been through! The last time I talked to you I didn't even know you were suffering so bad! God has definately been by your side the whole way through!!:) As I was reading everything, I thought "I wish I still lived around there b\c I would have loved to have been of help to your family" I had tears running down my eyes reading all your posts and my heart broke for your kids (you too... don't get me wrong..and your husband (God has given him lots of patience and unfailing love) ...I hope you are returning to a somewhat "normal" life again!!
Praying that God will heal you!!
Take care and God bless!!
Jill Van Baren
Say a big "HELLO" to the kiddos:) and Kyle too!:)