Sunday, December 7, 2008

Another Sunday passing

Sometimes it seems as if time is not moving but it is always hard for me to believe that another Sunday is here and nearly gone.

I have my pre-operative appointment and heart test scheduled for tomorrow morning. Hopefully I will be healthy enough for another surgery, and I really hope this is the last one!

The headaches are gradually getting stronger. I went to the kids' orchestra concert yesterday and by last night it was pretty strong. Today I decided I better keep it quiet and low key and I am doing a little better.

Someone asked me about the issues that come with the shunt that I mentioned before. It sounds like I might have some problems with balance and dizziness, especially when getting up or down. I will need to learn not to pop out of my chair, but I can't do that now, either, so that isn't much of a change. There is a risk of infection but my surgeon said that he hasn't ever had an infection with a shunt he has placed. I will probably need some follow ups and it sounds like the tubing can become plugged. It also sounds like some or all of it will need to be replaced every so often--maybe every 5-10 years or so. Nothing major compared to what I am dealing with now.

I just read on one of the blogs I have listed in my profile that a family adopting a little girl from Guatemala was preparing for the pickup trip this month and were just notified that she died. Oh, my heart just breaks for them. It makes my problems seem pretty small. Please remember this family in your prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy-you are an amazing woman. We're praying for you all the time. And I just wanted to let you know what a true witness of Christ's love you have been in this. Keep on going! We hope that you get good results this week and I can't wait to see you again in January! (Hopefully you will be a much healthier you!) Love you guys!
Emily DV

Carey said...

Isn't time a funny thing? When you're busy it goes fast, when you're sick and tired it goes slow...yet time passes. Perspective.

Praying for the family who lost their child. I can't imagine their heartache.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I hope your pre-op went well this morning. Hope all goes well in Milwaukee too. I know you are in good hands, Dr Hefez and God! We also pray this is your final step toward a headache-free life.
Take care~
Joyce