Monday, December 22, 2008

Settling in

It is so good to be home! I am glad we are reunited with our family and we are continuing to pray that the headaches are done for good!

I am doing pretty well overall. The surgical pain is still pretty strong in my head so I am taking as much pain medication as I can. The nausea is still bothering me as well so I am taking the anti-nausea meds regularly as well. The incision in my stomach isn't so bad unless I get bumped, which happens ocassionally with a 5 & 6 year old giving me hugs. :) The pain is so much more tolerable then the headaches though, and it is so nice that the pain meds actually help take a lot of the edge off. My eyes are clear and I can laugh without hurting badly--awesome! Most people can tell with my voice that I am doing much better.

My kids are quite bothered by my appearance. The staples in the front of my bald head are not impressive, so I am trying to keep it covered as much as I can when anyone is around. The staples come out on Wednesday morning, but right now I think I have enough staples in me to set off a metal detector at the airport. Hopefully my head will start looking better when the staples are out and my hair comes in a little more. I think I am going to shave the rest of my head soon so that it grows evenly. Maybe that will look better, too. :) I'm really not bothered with my appearance but I feel badly that it scares my kids.

5 comments:

Frank Bulk said...

Glad to hear that the headache pain is minimal -- we can now pray for healing from surgery.

Let us know if we need to put stocking caps under the Van Wyhe Christmas tree! ;)

Frank & family

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

So glad to hear that the surgery is a success and you made it home safe! The kids will adjust before you know it they will want to show everyone! Kids are so funny! Well the office is staying busy and we are so greatful that you are finally safe at home! Rest up and get ready for a Wonderful Christmas! How wonderful it will be for you to enjoy the Christmas music at church service. The smallest things in life are the most precious! Take care and God Bless!

Michele Hofman

Carey said...

So happy that the pain is so much better! Have a WONDERFUL Christmas!

lace1070 said...

Glad to hear you are home safe and sound and healing well. I will keep you in my prayers as you continue to heal. Merry Christmas ~ Lace

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
It was so good to see you yesterday! I love seeing your eyes clear, without pain! It will be so good to have you back in the office again with your health fully restored. What a wonderful God we serve!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Joyce