Friday, December 26, 2008

Belated Merry Christmas

I think things are gradually improving although I have a lot of hills and valleys. I am grateful for the times that the pain meds are fully working because I feel more energy then I have for a long time and my pain is greatly reduced. Then as the pain med wears off I start slowing down and the pain can become fairly intense. I take 2 pills every three hours of the strongest pain med I think they have orally. I try to go down to 1 but it leaves me in quite a bit of pain yet. I try to stretch it out to 4 hours when I can also but don't make it so often. So I have a ways to go but I keep thinking that any day I should really make a change. People that see me when I am doing well think I look great and when people see me when the pain med is wearing off think the opposite.

We had some fun with my hair yesterday. I let all four of the kids take a turn cutting and shaving my hair then Tanner expertly finished off shaving it. I am close to bald but have a little stubble so hopefully it grows quickly. The shunt does stick out a little in the front right side of my head so it will have to be a little longer to actually hide it. I am hoping in 6 months it will be long enough to look "normal" though short. My head isn't as scary to the kids now either now that the staples are out. They are getting used to it but I am keeping it covered most of the time. Kyle and I are in a hair growing contest--he had me shave his to the same length as mine, so I guess we will see who can grow hair the fastest!

2 comments:

Carey said...

Merry Christmas!

How fun that you let the kids be involved with "finishing off" your hair! And that Kyle shaved his, too. Glad the kids are getting used to it. Praying you win the contest! =) And that soon you won't need the pain meds at all. God Bless!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Glad to hear the kids helped you with your hair and that they are not as scared since the staples have been removed. Kyle does not look a whole lot different. Hope your hair grows quickly - good luck at winning the contest! We pray your pain stays under control. Thinking of you and still praying...
Joyce