Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let me introduce you. . .

to the new me! :) Despite the fact that I just had surgery on my brain twice in the last couple days, etc., I am feeling incredibly well. Quite exciting!

I am out of the hospital! Dr Heffez unexpectedly stopped in this afternoon and said that I could be released today if I wanted--and of course I did! He took the bandage off my head and he said things look good. He wasn't teasing when he said that it might be worth just shaving head. I told him that I didn't care, and I really don't. That being said, I might scare little kids. About 1/3 of my hair is gone. Basically the right side of my head is bald except a little bit on the back and back of the top. I have a u shaped incision stapled right above my hairline, another incision above my ear and then more behind my right ear. The incision on my stomach is right in the center below the ribcage. The two main incisions areabout 1 1/2" each and are stapled.

The Doctor suggested that we stay in the hotel until Saturday morning just to be sure that I continue feeling well,. If things are going well, we will leave for home Saturday morning, Lord willing. Sounds like we will be meeting a few snow storms!

We look forward to getting home and moving back into a normal life. I know that it will take a while and that even though I feel great I am still not going to pop back overnight. I really feel like I will start to improve now, though. I am very hopeful. So I will lay down a while now, then we are going to brave a store to find a few headcoverings. I certainly don't want to be scaring people! :)

3 comments:

Sangelini said...

I'm so happy for you!
I hope you stay feeling great, even if you are healing!!

You continue to be in my prayers!

~Sarah

Anonymous said...

Cindy!


WE ARE SO SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND ARE VERY GREATFUL FOR ANSWERED PRAYERS! YOU ARE NOW ON THE RIGHT ROAD TO RECOVERY! AS I TOLD YOU ON THE PHONE WE WON'T LET YOU PUSH YOURSELF! ONE DAY AT A TIME. WHAT A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS MIRACLE. YOUR KIDS AND FAMILY WILL BE SO HAPPY TO ENJOY A HAPPY CHRISTMAS! SAFE TRAVELS AND WE WILL SEE YOU SOON !

Michele Hofman

Carey said...

Oh my goodness! So happy for you! I'll pray that things continue to improve at a steady pace. Wow. I can't believe you can have brain surgery and then go shopping. Wow.

Bald is beautiful! =)

God's blessings to you and prayers for a incredibly Merry Christmas for your family this year!