Friday, December 12, 2008

A little better

Today isn't quite as bad. I also got a time released sleeping pill that let me sleep till 5:30 this morning which helped. The headache is pretty strong yet, though.

The surgery will now be at 7:30 am Monday. They told us that it would probably take 1 1/2 hours--a little longer then we thought. I will have an incision in my head above my ear (the tube runs through a ventricle of my brain) and a 2nd in my stomach where they tubing runs under my skin and they insert it into my stomach surgically where it will drain. The technical name is ventricu-peritoneal shunt surgery, vp shunt for short.

Thank you for your kind words and support during this difficult journey in our lives. Psalm 121 is one of my favorite and a comfort at this time. Someone read it to me this morning and it is reassuring to know that God is in control and has a plan through all this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I am looking forward to seeing your eyes clear and bright after you return from Milwaukee! Keep your spirits up and we will keep praying! Our thoughts will be with you throughout next week. We will be checking you blog daily!
Take care~
Joyce