Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday

A big day today! We started off by saying a difficult good-bye to our kids. Then off to rv for blood tests at 8:00. My veins, as usual, didn't cooperate so that took a bit of time. Then we stopped and had a quick breakfast with my parents and we were off!

We made it to Galesburg, Illinois today. I took a toradol shot right before we left and it helped a lot but it was clear when it began wearing off. By the time we got here I was pretty wiped. Another 7 hour day tomorrow and we will be 2/3 of the way there.

We were amazed, surprised and shed a few tears by the surprise many of you participated in. My parents had a large bag full of cards, letters and goodies as a care package. We were both quite overwhelmed. Mom said that there are more cards on the way. Wow!!! We are opening just a few at a time. I think we will savor each one and spread them out so there is something new to look at each day. Thank you so much! It means a lot to both of us that so many care! I think mom said that there are more than 70 cards! Thank you, thank you!

No comments: