Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wednesday

Kylie graduated from 8th grade tonight! I am so proud of her! I will have to add pictures sometime because she was just radiant--so excited about this day. :) Bethany fixed her hair and she wore the dress that she bought with some friends when they went shopping with their orchestra teacher last summer.

I find today that I need to repeat over and over, "I am thankful, I am blessed, I am thankful . . .) I am working very hard to choose to be thankful that I could be at the chapel this morning even if I only was able to watch and listen to Kylie's faith statement. This evening I was able to watch the graduation from the cry room. It is hard to focus on not being able to be a part of the full chapel, or to sit in the audience watching Kylie and then go to the back to congratulate all the graduates. Why is it so easy to focus on the negatives? So each time my mind wonders that way, I am forcing myself to say over and over, "I am blessed. I am thankful." etc. And I really am, whether I remember it each moment or not.

No comments: