Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Wedneday & new baby!

Still no word.

I have been struggling with discouragement and feel like I am on the verge of tears a lot of the time. It seems to be a never ending thing. I love to go to sleep at night (with my sleeping pill) and I wake up dreading another long day.

It has been nearly five years since this has become a significant problem. I always think of July 2006 as being the start, although I know that it started at least a year or two earlier than that but it was gradual enough that I could ignore it or at least work through it. I pray that there is an end to it. Tara was nearing 3 and Riley was 4 when I started the battle in earnest with this. They don't know what it is like to have a mom that is normal. They have been told nearly their entire life to talk quietly, walk quietly, be careful around mom, etc. I have missed countless programs, recitals, games and just normal life stuff with all my kids. I am getting to the point that I just don't know how to deal with this anymore.

I can see little good in this, but there is some very great things. I pray much more than I ever did. I am much more diligent in my Bible reading and devotions. My relationship with the Lord is much stronger in part because I have had to trust when I just don't see how to take another step. These are very good things, but I continue to pray that I have learned and that I can become healthy and yet continue growing in the Lord.

One more positive! Tami had her baby yesterday and she was blessed with a beautiful baby girl. Payten Danielle was born at 1:19 pm and is 8 lbs 10 oz. She is beautiful! It was just about 2 years ago that Tami surprised me by visiting me in the hospital with her newborn son. How can my baby sister have two little ones already?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying daily for you Cindy. Also celebrating the new precious life in your family. Somehow amidst the darkness, God always shows us the light! Keep trusting in Him and leaning on His everlasting arms...

Joyce

Laura S. said...

Cindy, I completely understand what it is like to struggle for years with very serious health issues. I have grown to love the teachings of Saint Paul in the New Testament...in all things, with or without the support of others, with or without a hope of coming temporal good news, with or without my dreams coming true, I count it all joy to know my risen Saviour and to be loved by Him. Today I will follow His guidance to the best of my ability, love and be loved, and plant His seeds of eternal hope and promise into those around me. Your life counts for eternity. I'm praying for you.

Laura