Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday

I did cancel the spinal tap because I didn't feel like I had enough answers or enough information to proceed. However, I am working on rescheduling it now and hope to have it maybe Tuesday or Wednesday.

Today was spent quietly spending time periodically on the computer looking now for a neurologist (versus a neurosurgeon) that would work with me, has experience in what I have and is within driving distance. It is tedious because it isn't very searchable. I have found that I need to search for a list of neurologists in a certain area, then look at each individual profile to see if a doctor will list it as an additional interest. I thought I found one today. He specializes in multiple sclerosis, but his additional interest is pseudotumor cerebri. However, he is a neuro-opthomologist and besides seeing ms patients, he only sees ptc patients that have problems with their eyes. I don't, so he won't consider seeing me. He is in Minneapolis, and I am searching that area right now. This search for a doctor continues to be so discouraging. I feel like I have leprosy or something untouchable that doctor's are afraid of. Who would guess that this would be so difficult!

I am still not certain if my pressure is high or low although I suspect it may be low again since the headache, except for the first day, is not as extreme as it often seems to be when it is high. It makes me wonder if something is wrong with the valve (or pump) part of the shunt, but I'm not sure. The SF ns was adamant last time that they never malfunction, but I don't trust his judgement.

One step at a time, though. We will see what my pressure number is and then figure out where to go from that point. Right now I really don't know what will happen next. The Lord knows, though, and we continue to pray for His guidance.

1 comment:

KPhilipsen said...

Dear Cindy,
I'm so sorry that you are in a more difficult time period again. I will be bringing your blogs before my students again this morning, so know that at about 8:40
today many prayers will be said over you.
I've been studying the Passover with a group of ladies at church, and this morning part of the study was to read the Hallel (Psalms 114-118). When I read Psalm 116 it really brought you to mind. I will be praying for God's blessing to be upon you today and in future days.

With love,
Kim Philipsen