Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday

I am doing a little better today! I am a ways from being where I was before this started, but functioning a little more. This morning I even met a few people to visit at the bakery. It feels so good to be able to get outside. I have started pain medication today and I will see how that goes but hopefully it will make life a little more tolerable. I am still very sensitive to a variety of things, including noise, movement and bright light. My ears are ringing loudly all the time now where in the past I always have the ringing but it varies in volume.

It seemed like I was at the end of the road again and the Lord has opened a small door again. Renae visited with me and as we talked we decided to call the one other doctor that uses the brand of shunt that I have. That doctor is not taking new patients, but the receptionist gave Renae the name of the shunt rep. She talked to him and he was quite sympathetic to my situation. He told her that people that have what I have often do need the pressure adjusted periodically. (That is the reason I have an adjustable shunt!) He mentioned a nurses daughter that has hers adjusted about every 6 months! He said that he would work to find a neurosurgeon that would be willing to work with me so we are holding out hope that this might produce a result. It is hard to get to hopeful because there have been so many disappointments but I am thankful that this may bring an answer.

Once again an answer to prayer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Praying for answers and results!

Joyce