Thursday, March 10, 2011

Thursday

Another day that was good! What a blessing it is to be feeling better! I am still finding that I am weaker than I expected to be and tire out very quickly. I think part of that is I am overwhelmed so quickly with activity of any kind which can be exhausting.

I am a little frustrated with my experiences with some doctors. The doctor that I saw this Monday was incredibly rude and I am still a little shocked by it. My mom took me to the appointment and she is still amazed that he would be so rude. He made comments like, "at least you are alive" when we said the headaches were very bad, and "I will only work on your shunts if you are dying" and "I suppose I can humor you by adjusting the shunt but it won't make a difference" (the adjustment is a simple procedure with an instrument held to my head by the shunt pump). He also said, "people have headaches all the time," dismissing me like I was just complaining about a little symptom or something. He uses the tool of sarcasm very well. Why do doctors do things like this, and how could he talk to me this way when I was in a lot of pain? I really don't understand what motivates people like that.

I still haven't heard from the other two doctors that we sent records to. My experience has been that no news is usually not good news. They seem to call if they accept me and wait a while and then send a letter if it is a decline. We have hoped to get another opinion just to see if there is anything else that I can do to reduce my symptoms. We are looking seriously at one more lead that Kyle's sister Melanie found that looks promising. More on that later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Cindy,
It was good to see you last night. Hope things will eventually work out well.
Blessings,
Leen