Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rejoice!

Psalm 30:2-5

O Lord my God, I cried to you for help,
and you have healed me.

O Lord, you have brought up my soul from Sheol;
you restored me to life from
among those who go down to the pit.

Sing praises to the Lord, O you his saints,
and give thanks to His holy name.
For His anger is but for a moment,
and His favor is for a lifeteime.

Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning.

I opened my Bible to the Psalms this morning. Now I don't generally just open the Bible and hope that it falls open at the right place for me, but when I opened it this morning, it fell on Psalms 30 and I had a note from quite a while ago, "Please Lord" written next to the first verse I quoted. What a God we serve!

The "impossible" has happened! Yesterday the ns surgeon told me that it was absolutely not the shunt causing my problem. However, this morning, I am back! My headache, while not gone, is back to where it was before this whole episode began! So it does seem to have been a shunt issue all along.

I am so very thankful, yet I am trying not to get overly excited. I am going to keep things quiet for a while and ease into things. No, I haven't called the ns yet, either. I want to wait a couple days just to make sure that things stay the same, and then I will give him a call. At this point I will rejoice and and enjoy this time of feeling better, no matter how long it lasts.

It was fun calling a few family members this morning, because all they would hear is a "hello" and they immediately heard and knew that I was doing better. I don't hear the difference in my voice, but many do and the evidence of my improvement is easily heard. :)

I appreciate the prayers that have been given on my behalf, and now ask that anyone reading this praise the Lord for this answer to prayer. What a wonderful God we serve! As I have said many times, I love to sing and hear the old Psalms and Hymns, and I have a few of those joyful songs running through my mind. :)

6 comments:

Mary and Lyle said...

I feel like God has answered my prayers! I am SOOOOOO thrilled for you! Even if this does not last, as you said, I am still so thankful for a wonderful day for you. I am truly hoping and praying that this is the simple answer! That would be so awesome!!! I am praising and rejoicing with you!

Mary

Dawn said...

Praising God!! :) Yeah!!

Carey said...

Praise the Lord, O my soul! Again I say, "Rejoice"!

It was so good seeing you for a couple of minutes tonight! Will keep praying.

Anonymous said...

So many people are praying for you each day Cindy. It is so awesome to hear good news and to praise God for this good day! I can only echo your own words of praise and thanksgiving. I am sure there are many other "prayers" out there rejoicing with you as well!
Rejoicing with you,
Twila

Anonymous said...

PTL Hallelujah! I couldn't be happier for you! Now we will just pray that this continues for years and years and years....
Rejoicing along with you and your family.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!!!