Thursday, June 4, 2009

slowly improving

I am still headache free! That is wonderful. Recovery is of course taking much longer then I would like. My incision hurts but I have quite a bit of pain in my abdomen yet--different yet strong. I slept a few hours again today and am not moving around much yet. The nausea is still plaguing me but I am able to eat better much of the time, which is a blessing. Today I was able to take the original dressing off the incision. After that I could cover it with a waterproof medical plastic stuff-I can't remember the name--and gauze and take a shower. That was wonderful! Sponge baths just aren't the same. :) When not in the shower, the incision can be open with just sterie strips. That feels much better then the big bandaging they had over it.

I did get out of the house for the first time since getting home from the surgery, which was nice. Kyle wheeled me around Walmart for a few minutes, and that was enough. I obviously have not learned the gift of patience yet because I want to be better now, not tomorrow or next week. It seems like the last 6 months have basically been months of surgical recovery and I am really ready to move on!

I am wondering if the weather might be changing again? I am not feeling as well but I can't really put my finger on what it is. Maybe I should become a weather forecaster?

No comments: