Monday, January 19, 2009

Milwaukee, here we come

We have decided to travel back to Milwaukee for my follow up visit. I have my ct scan scheduled for Wednesday and we see Dr Heffez in Milwaukee on Friday morning. We will be able to take the ct scan directly to him to review while we see him. I started to have symptoms again nearly 2 weeks ago and because they are increasing we decided it was best to get back there. We are praying an easy adjustment to the shunt setting will take care of it.

Several have asked how things are progressing for me. Denial worked quite well until the end of last week. It isn't easy to admit, after having 2 (or three if you count the revision) "brain surgeries" that it could come back--to others or myself.

Compared to before surgery, things are mild. I have had the opportunity to go to the office the last few weeks and watched my kids (and husband!) bowl and rollerskate with friends. The best is that I have been able to go to church regularly, which is such a blessing! These events tire me out quite thoroughly, but they are so enjoyed!

I plan to keep pretty quiet the next few days in anticipation to a long drive Thursday and Friday. We hope to get home again Friday night. Please pray that an adjustment to the shunt will take care of everything--it is unnerving to feel everything coming back!

2 comments:

Carey said...

Oh, Cindy, I'm so sorry you're having symtoms again. You must feel beaten and bruised emotionally! Praying it's an easy fix, and for God to wrap his loving arms around you and give you peace about it. Sending love and hugs your way!!

my life said...

I see you saw Dr. Heffez , he is good too. Email me . thanks