Thursday, January 15, 2009

Another week

Time just continues to move on by. I think that I am improving although now it seems like it has slowed a bit. I have to remind myself that it has only been a few days over 4 weeks since surgery and I am getting to the office in the mornings. I would love to start running around and doing all things things that I used to do, but I have learned that patience is a virtue that I am still learning. Will I ever be as strong as I was? How much will I be able to do when I am considered "recovered." I guess those things remain to be seen.

We are thankful for the many good days that I have had now, though. I may not be able to do active things with my family yet, but we can talk, laugh, read books, etc. That is progress! :)

I need to have the ct scan in 1 1/2 weeks. Kyle would really like to have that done here instead of traveling back to Milwaukee for an appointment with the Doctor. So most likely I will have the scan done here and mail it there and see what he has to say about the healing and current placement of the shunt tubing.

4 comments:

Carey said...

How wonderful that you can read books with your kids!! Praise God! And praying for a complete recovery (I'll leave the praying for patience up to you!). God Bless!

Miriam said...

Mark mentioned he saw you driving the other day--my heart rejoiced with hearing it! Oh, and FYI, I tagged you in my blog--www.mom2hpl.blogspot.com

Mary and Lyle said...

Hey Cindy!

We are probably the ones who set you back just a bit with the pizza, bowling, and time at our loud house! We continue to pray for you! Our kids too. We will pray for patience for you and for as full a recovery as possible!

Love ya!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Wish you the best as you go through the CT scan and follow-up. It has been good to see you almost every day at the office. We are continuing to pray daily for your full recovery.
God Bless,
Joyce