Saturday, January 24, 2009

Home

For the few kind souls that are still reading this blog I will give a short update We made it home last night but have discovered that two days of travel and a dr appointment are really too much for me to handle.

The shunt was adjusted to allow a little more drainage of fluid. He told us this is the most he will open it because my ventricles are too small and he thinks they will collapse if any more is released. We need to try this for 10 days and see how things are going. Do I feel better? Well, I feel different.

The drainage of the shunt is not causing the lower abdominal pain. What that really means is that I just need a new body!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

I'm still reading ~ even though I haven't posted before. And I'm still praying! Such a rollercoaster you've been on. I'm praying that the shunt adjustment will relieve the headaches once again and that the cause of the abdominal pain will be found and treated.

In Him,
Barb Tazelaar

Mary and Lyle said...

Hey Cindy,

We have been praying for you on your trip to Milwaukee and during your doctor visit yesterday. Wondering what you mean by "I feel different." Is it a good different? We just really pray that this adjustment helps! We are also praying as you deal with this abdominal pain. You are in our prayers...and the family too.

Mary

Frank Bulk said...

We hope that Saturday was a day you were able to start to recover from your trip and that the strong headache has begun to dissipate.

We continue to lift you and the family up in prayer.

The Bulk family

Carey said...

Hey Girl,

We're all still here. And we're all still praying. Keep fighting.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

Praying that your health improves and without the set backs. We will pray that the CT scan goes well and they find out whats going on w/ your abdomine. Continue to rest! I will keep praying for good health, strength,and patience!

Michele

Anonymous said...

Cindy:
Emily spoke with your dad at church yesterday. We are so sad to hear your headaches have returned. We are praying for you and thinking about you. Wishing there was some small way we could help.
Marilyn