Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Challenges

I had my ct scan today, and have a copy of it in my purse to take with me tomorrow to Dr Heffez. I also had to have an ultrasound today because I have been having pain in my lower abdominal area. It started not long after surgery and varies between a dull ache and a sharp throbbing pain. All the normal stuff has been ruled out like appendix, kidney stones, bladder infection, gallbladder problems, etc. The ultrasound showed an unusual fluid build up which they can't explain, so I need to have an additional test next week. I had really been putting off doing anything with it because I really thought it would just go away. They don't think it is related to my last surgery but I will ask the neurosurgeon since the shunt drains in the upper cavity. It is discouraging.

My headaches continue to escalate. The ringing in my ears sounds like someone blowing a dog whistle inside my head and noise is becoming more difficult to tolerate. But maybe I am just not dealing with it as well.

Living without headaches for a while makes it so difficult for all of us to be dealing with it again. Please pray that the Lord removes this burden from us and/or gives us much strength and courage--we really need it!

4 comments:

Sangelini said...

I hope everything goes well for you, I hope they can easily fix all of the pain and whatnot. I'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

We continue to pray for answers and relief. We have enjoyed watching your daily routine grow and a great encouragement to see you in the office. Hopefully your visit to Milwaukee will end up to be an easy fix to the shunt.
God Bless,

Michele

my life said...

are you going to Dr. Menenez in Iowa city . The top chiari dr. in Iowa . would like to chat. I am in Iowa too. email me

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
You continue to be a part of my daily prayers. I am saddened that your headaches are returning and concerned about the fluid in your abdomen. Praying that the adjustment to your shunt is the answer. Also praying that the fluid in your abdomen has a simple explanation that can be fixed without another surgery! Hope you get all the answers you are searching for when you go to Mildwaukee. Thinking of you and Kyle as you travel.
God Bless~
Joyce