Saturday, January 31, 2009

Strong headaches

The headaches remain very strong. I can't stand any noise--even clicking of the keyboard irritates. Ringing in ears is loud and nausea is getting much worse. Our little two kids are at my sisters house and I stay in bed with the door closed most of the day. I get up a few minutes every few hours and search for answers. I found intracranial hypertension support group a few weeks ago and so I posted there with what is happening. A lady responded that she has had the same thing happen with the vp shunt I have and that she required surgical revision. She had to do surgical revisions every 4 months or so for 2 years until a different shunt was placed in the base of her skull at the back of her head. Not sure if that is an option for me b/c of the chiari problem. I am so exhausted from the pain but sleep is becoming more difficult again even with meds. It is hard to imagine that I felt so good for a few weeks--seems like a dream.

3 comments:

Mary and Lyle said...

I wish I could take your pain away Cindy! The lady that you were talking with on the support group...did she have relief after the different shunt was put in? I am still praying for answers for you. We pray every day. Thinking of you!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis, We are praying for you constantly and always in our thoughts. I know it is a really hard time right now, but you have alot of people rooting for you and will always love you and be there for you.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Praying for pain relief until you get to Milwaukee. Then, praying for Dr Heffez to locate the problem and correct it this time! Praying the Lord will lead him in his decision with your shunt. Praying for your mother as she travels with you. Praying for Kyle and the children as they anxiously await for the news while you are apart from them again. Praying you will come home headache free again and that it lasts a long, long time this time around!
God Bless~
Joyce