Friday, July 31, 2009

Out three weeks today!

Today has been better. I think the storms are causing me some problems.

Last night I had a third of a hamburger and it went well! That is so encouraging--although a little scary to eat something "new" and not know what will happen. So I am pretty happy about that.

I am still having some pain in or under my right rib. It isn't all the time but I am bothered by it more when I am tired or been up to much. It probably is no big deal but I have a follow up with the general surgeon the 24th and the neurosurgeon on the 20th. I expect a clean bill of health but we'll see what they have to say. The rash that I have mentioned before seemed to be getting a little better, but now I am starting to get new patches of it on my stomach and back. Gr. . . Oh, well. Things continue to improve. I am doing incredibly well for as sick as I was. I have so very much to be thankful for!

3 comments:

Carey said...

So funny to think that a hamburger, to an Iowan is "new"!! Praying your rash and pain goes away!!!

Mary and Lyle said...

Hi Cindy! We are back from Colorado and I'm missing you! I wonder if your headache was worse yesterday because of that storm that really did come through last night. Probably so! I'm so thankful that you have been out of the hospital for three weeks and are doing so well. I know you have concerns and fear that things may not stay this good...put it all in the hands of the Lord who doeth all things well! We continue to pray that you WILL recover fully and be able to live a normal life, going to all your kids' activities and all those other things as well. Can I do the movie and out to eat thing with you?:) Talk to you soon!!!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
We continue to pray for progress in eating and in keeping those headaches at bay. Baby steps.. us Van Ginkels are learning what that means! We pray for your FULL recovery and are anxious to see you in the office again (when you are physically and mentally up to it!)
Take care~
Joyce