Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Today hasn't been quite as good--who knows why. I am a little headachey--not bad at all but it is always concerning. I walked around outside this afternoon and noticed clouds coming in so could the weather be changing? I really need to watch the weather more closely.

I haven't been taking pain medication since returning from Florida. I really don't like taking it so when I can live without it I generally just skip it. However, I am still taking a sleeping pill. My sleeping isn't so good yet, but hopefully that will improve with time. It usually does.

I don't remember if I have written this already, but I feel like I have an urgency to try to get in as many activities as I possibly can. Even if I am not quite ready, I am pushing to do things. Probably the "just in case" mentality that I just can't shake. I've been up and down so many times and haven't been able to do many normal things for such a long time. So I really want to go out for supper (not sure what I will eat!), go to a movie (it has been a few years), go to a concert (Steve Green is coming to town), and I really wish the kids had activities that I could watch right now while I am doing well. I can't say that I am pessimistic but maybe just realistic after the experiences that we've had. That being said, I really do think/hope/pray that our challenging journey has come to an end and that life will just become more and more normal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

God Speed! praying that time will heal you and you can attend all activities, and start to enjoy all the joys of life. Try not to over do it, in fear that it will set you back! I can only imagine the anxiety that can creep up on you! Stay strong in your faith and lean on us to help you through this!

Michele

Anonymous said...

Cindy. Good to hear that you are still improving. If I may put in my 2 cents.. Ask your Dr... but Camm was told after his surgeries, that pain meds help you heal... you're body will move and act more normal, and you won't notice the restrictions that incisions tend to put on you. And a dull headache may not be felt? and may relieve the (reasonable) underlying worry.
Still praying, of course... Millie