Sunday, July 12, 2009

Enjoying home

It is so good to be home! We are all thankful that I am here and I am being very careful not to overdo. Landing back in the hospital just doesn't sound good at all. I am walking regularly and laying down quite a bit, too. I am so weak that it really isn't so hard not to know when to stop.

I had a huge surprise yesterday and still am in shock. A wonderful cousin that I was very close to growing up surprised me by flying in from Washington to spend several days here to help me. I haven't seen her for about 5 years but we have been enjoying each other's company like we we always have. What a surprise and a blessing to me!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praising God with you!

Mary and Lyle said...

Cindy,

That is so cool that your cousin surprised you. I bet it's awesome to have her there. We are all so glad that you are home and enjoying it. Have a good Sunday!

Anonymous said...

That is so fun. I wish i could have seen your face when she walked in!! I will probably see you this week.:)

Anonymous said...

CIndy,

Praying for strength for you! So glad that having a close and dear friend will help you to pass the time. Close friends and family are very special!

Michele

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
What a wonderful surprise! Enjoy your time together. I'm sure it will pass too quickly! We also are so happy you are in your own home. Hopefully you can continue to eat, regain your strength and feel more like yourself again. Blessings to you on your recovery to health and happiness!
Love,
Joyce

lace1070 said...

soo good to hear that you are finally home and recovering! I wish there was something I could do for you to make your recovery quicker! Please let me know if there's anything i can do ~ hang in there ~ hugs ~ Lace