Thursday, July 9, 2009

Me again

I have the computer tonight for my last day and night in the hospital. In all honesty, my brain was just not functioning well enough before this for me to really even try to get on the computer or to have interest in it. So I guess this is a big mark of improvement for me to be here, know what I am doing and have interest in the blog or anything computer again.

Although I have many days ahead to think back on what has happened--much of which I don't remember--I just want to to take a moment to thank all of you. Wow, the prayers that have been offered on the behalf of my family and I humble me. Thank you over and over. The gift of visitors in the hospital as well as cards and emails and phone calls to help me pass each day. I am so grateful. Our family has blessed us so much. So much care and concern. My parents were here nearly every day for a while--what sacrifice in love they have shown. I am humbled and grateful to each of you for your prayers, comments on the blog and so many other expressions of kindness. I have had flowers in my room the entire stay--what a blessing that I have enjoyed so much. How to say thank you when being overwhelmed by so much christian love and expression--I don't know how and will never be able to express my thankfullness fully to all.

Now, I have one more night of sleep in the hospital bed, my pic line will be pulled in the morning, we'll go through many, many doctors orders, go home and then perhaps normalcy will creep into our home day by day until finally we can look around and think things really are perhaps normal again. Can that be? We pray that it is and I hope that you will continue to pray for that for us as well.

Good night!
Cindy

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Cindy,
The first thing that struck me even before I read your post, was the title you happened to pick..."ME AGAIN".

How appropriate. :)

ME AGAIN.

Continuing to pray that you will finally begin to feel like "me again". :)

Anonymous said...

Cindy!

Excited that you are coming home! Praise be to GOD!

Anonymous said...

We are celebrating with you and your family! PTL!! We are so happy for you. We pray the healing continues. God is good! See you soon. :)
Love,
Joyce

The Tilstra's said...

Praise the Lord that you get to finally return home today! We are so glad for you and your precious family. Looking forward to seeing you in SC soon. We will continue to pray for you as you journey the path of recovery.
The Tilstra's

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
So glad to see writing again! And so happy you can come home. Thinking of you and your loved ones often.
There still is a lot of summer left for you all to enjoy! The flowers and grass are all so green and pretty.
Take care and praying for complete recovery.
Nina