Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday

Time seems to be creeping by. Why does time fly when you are having fun but barely move when life is tough?

Another day of challenges. I suspect that I have been having spinal fluid leaking since the spinal tap, which is probably what has intensified the headache so much. I am finding that if I lay down for most of the day I can control the pain a bit and today I was able to be up a little more before it became unbearable. I can have a blood patch done, which seals the small hole in the spinal cord but I think that I will just let it heal on its own at this point and stay down.

Another disappointment--my local doctor once again applied for me to go to Mayo and we got the rejection letter today. It is discouraging to be rejected by a hospital that is supposed to be for difficult cases. The letter is vague but I think that they believe there isn't much else to do.

My sister Renae is getting records together and we are going to send them to UCLA and a univerity ns group in St Louis and a university ns in Columbus Ohio. They were each chosen for the fact that they have each worked with at least once case like mine. So we will see if I will get the acceptance letter or rejection letter from those, but at least we aren't counting on just one.

2 comments:

Mary and Lyle said...

That is really disconcerting to be rejected by MAYO, isn't it! Good think that we know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, who is in control in our lives, in every situation we face! Cindy, even if nothing else good were to come from this all, think how much the Lord has increased your faith! Think how you have discovered that even in the darkest times of life, all His promises are true! We are praying over here. I'm so thankful your sisters and family are busy looking for answers. I'm still wanting to come visit you an afternoon, but am dealing with sick kids. Jon's temp was 102 today. I will call you when the kids are better. Love you! Take care and know that we are praying for you daily...actually sometimes hourly!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Happy 18th State Farm Anniversary! Wish you were here to celebrate with us! Hope you have a day that is better than the past few. Praying for answers and that God will open a door for you in order to find the care you so desperately need!
Take care~
Joyce