Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday

Well, Dr Heffez is just not meant to get my scans today. They were picked up Saturday, but due to the awful weather we've had, I don't think the package has even left Sioux Falls yet.

I am having an interesting problem. My headache is still there, still the "different" headache which tells me that my spinal fluid pressure is off, still very sensitive to noise, light, etc., but it isn't really bad. Now normally I would appreciate that because who would want to have pain any more than they have to? However, this is putting me into a middle ground that I'm not so comfortable with. When it is really bad there is not doubt that I need surgery as quickly as possible. If it would go away, I wouldn't need surgery at all. Being in the middle, though, is a bit harder. The headache is bad enough that I can't think through things, can't handle much at all, but it isn't so desperately bad. Will he want me to wait until I am desperate? And if he does, what do I do in this "in between" time? It would drive me crazy sitting here indefitinely but I am not good enough to do my job. So I am praying that it will either get worse so that the choice is obvious, or that the headache improves significantly and the spinal pressure symptoms start decreasing. Life just stays interesting around here!

1 comment:

Vonda said...

Cindy,

Our hearts and thoughts and prayers are with you, not only today, but tomorrow and the next day, and so on. Mom told us about your headaches coming back, and my heart just sunk. We will be praying for you, to have patience and strength each minute and hour. We will also be praying that you get answers very very soon.

With lots of prayers for you and also for your family too,

Todd and Vonda Kaptein