Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday

Nearly a week now of this new, and yet old headache. It really feels like I didn't have a break, like it is a continuation of the pain two years ago. It doesn't seem to end sometimes. That being said, today has been the best day that I've had this week. Yes, I still have the headache and it is still challenging but it seemed like a little more doable today. I am thankful that this has been my good day since it is a Saturday with the kids home. They did all seem to go in different directions throughout the day, which was nice in keeping the noise level down.

The medical records at McKennan continued to be quite a fiasco. I asked Renae to follow up today just because I wasn't so confident in them getting the package out today. Good thing she did because they made a disc with the wrong info again. For some reason, they continue to to copy old scans instead of the most recent ct scan and shunt series done last Sunday at the ER. In addition, they hadn't actually gotten FedEx scheduled to pick up. Renae called FedEx to confirm that they were planning the pickup and they had nothing on their schedule. So she scheduled it and asked radiology to make the disc while she was on the phone so they could repeat to her exactly what they copied. If she hadn't followed up, it wouldn't have gone out till Monday and on Tuesday when it was opened they would have found the wrong scan again. Unbelievable! I am so thankful that she took care of this because I just can't deal with things so well.

The kids all seem to be taking this in stride, although they are all nervous. My attitude is better today than yesterday but I am just trying not to think about all this so much. It is hard to know how to go on thinking about the long term logistics of all of this. So, just one day at a time for now. Kyle and I did talk tonight about the many things that we have to be thankful for, and there are many. Sometimes the negatives are so overwhelming that we just had to step back and list how the Lord has provided for us through this journey.

2 comments:

KPhilipsen said...

Dear Cindy,
I was very surprised as I read your last week of posts to see that your headache had returned with such a vengeance. I am so sorry to hear this but also glad that your Milwaukee doctor will be working with you. Please know that my family, my students, and I will be praying for you as you walk through this process again. May God give you the strength, patience, and wisdom you need for each new day.

Psalm 91:14-16
Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.
When he calls to me, I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him and show him my salvation.

With love,
Kim Philipsen

Anonymous said...

You will be in my prayers daily. I think your pain is unfathomable to me and I hope the Lord continues to use your experiences to teach us through you.