Friday, January 29, 2010

Why

Why does the Lord give us hardship and pain? Is it to cause in us a longing for Him and His return? I think I may "see" pain in others lives more clearly than I had before. Sadness, pain, depression, loss. So much hardship and difficult things for us to understand. I believe that the difficulties in my life has given me a different, and better perspective. I believe that is ok to question and wonder why these things happen as long as I continue to trust God is in control and has a plan and know, even though I don't understand, that His plans is always best. Oh, Lord, come quickly.

3 comments:

Mary and Lyle said...

Yes, I think the older we get the more we long for his return, especially as we see so much pain in those we love and care about. Hope you had a restful Lord's Day. Thinking of you today Cindy!

Anonymous said...

just catching up on your blog. it has been a while.

still praying. still hoping. still thinking.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
My heart aches for you! I saw pain and frustration in your eyes today. Maybe more rest is all you need. More quiet time. Listen to your body, it will tell you what to do! I know when I do not listen to mine, I suffer. Praying God will give you the strength you need to face every day.
Praying daily...
Joyce