Sunday, January 3, 2010

Great sermon

A great reminder for me from the Heidelberg Catechism: What is my only comfort in life and in death? That I am not my own but belong to my faithful Saviour, Jesus Christ. (I've shortened it) Romans 8 is the basis for this statement where Paul states that he is content in his circumstances, no matter what they may be. What a good reminder to me as I reflect on the challenges I've experienced. God is in control and has my life planned exactly how it is best for me. These difficulties are all for my good and I need to remember that and trust the Lord. I've been a little emotional the past few days, thinking about the journey through 2009 and wondering what 2010 will look like. God is in control, though, and I just need to rest in Him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautifully said! That is something we all need to remember. Blessings to you and your family, Barb Tazelaar

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Praying for a much better 2010! Hoping the weather is the cause of your recent headaches. Who knows what the medical breakthroughs for 2010 will be ~ hopefully something to help people like you! :)Keeping you in my daily prayers...
Joyce

Mary and Lyle said...

Continuing to remember you in prayer, Cindy!