Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday

I am feeling a little better again today. I have suspected for some time that I am slightly overdraining since my last shunt adjustment. But the next setting seems to cause me to not drain enough so it seems that overdraining might be a better choice than underdraining. Kind of a funny thing to have to choose. Hmmm, I wonder if it is better to have too much fluid in my brain or too little--let's just change that! I guess before this happened I didn't think about my brain, let alone how much fluid it is floating in. Crazy how life can change.

We had some excitement in our home this week. Tara needed stitches in her hip! She decided, while getting ready to take a bath, to use a sharp scissors that I have up on a shelf that she can't reach to do something. She got on a stool, got the scissors, did her thing and when she jumped off the counter she somehow swiped her bare hip. The cut was not deep but it laid open about 1/4 inch and it is about 1 1/2" long. Three stitches, many tears and hysterics on her part and now she is healing. I am very thankful that it wasn't much worse and really hoping that this is a lesson in obedience! We've had many discussions about the consequences of making bad choices. The rather funny part is that after she realized that she had gotten cut she had the presence of mind to climb back onto the stool and put the scissors away to try to hide her disobedience before she came running out crying and hysterical. It was rather shocking to see her screaming, buck naked and running through the front room with blood gushing down her leg!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New year to you and yours!Glad to read that even though exhausting you had some good times with your family over Christmas time. Happy to read that the eating is going better... hoping that will help you start feeling better as your body gets a better supply of vitamins and minerals. Continue to think of you..
with prayers.. Millie