Monday, January 18, 2010

Oh dear, the weather is changing

The weather is changing and I can feel it. Oh, the joys. I just have to remind myself that this is so much more tolerable than "before." So we can deal with it, I guess. I know that chiari can cause chronic pain and I also know that the intracranial hypertension can cause chronic pain. I wonder which is causing me more problems. I always assume the latter, but I guess I shouldn't assume and really I guess it doesn't matter. The bad thing is that I know that I lose my patience and have a lower tolerance of things when the pain level is up a little. I have to keep working on that.

Tara had her stitches removed on Friday and it went pretty well. She is so dramatic and was very nervous about it all, but the bribery of a donut afterwards if she didn't scream (she could cry I told her) seemed to do the trick. After the first stitch was out she declared that it didn't hurt and the next ones were out much easier. The donuts were good!

1 comment:

Mary and Lyle said...

Hey Cindy,

I checked your blog today because I thought the changing weather...freezing rain and snowcoming...might affect how you feel, and sure enough! Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you today. Glad it went well for Tara! Hang in there! You are in my prayers!