Thursday, February 4, 2010

Reality

I have to admit, finally, that I am not doing as well. Not terrible! So I hate to complain. But I feel like I am just not as good. My head is bothering me a little more and because of that I am not moving forward with gaining strength, either. I think it has been about 1.5 to 2 weeks now that I haven't been feeling as well. Is it all weather? I don't know. So, what to do? I don't know that, either. I decided last night to start a muscle relaxer again--I have some left over. I can take it morning and night but just started with one at night. I think tomorrow I will take one in the morning, too. I have been holding out on going to physical therapy--I just haven't wanted to make any more contributions toward my deductible. However, I think that might be the next step. It seems like the ultrasound and massage on my neck and shoulder helps. That also makes me wonder if this headache is more chiari related than the intracranial hypertension. In ways it really doesn't matter, but if it is the IH getting worse, it would not be good. I am enjoying having hair and another surgery just doesn't sound all that appealing. That is jumping to a big conclusion, though, and I am not nearly bad enough for that resort.

The frustrating thing is that in many ways I feel like I am on my own with this. The neurosurgeons really don't want to see me unless I get really bad and need a surgery. I certainly don't want that! So I am trying to self-diagnose and self-treat. Not sure if that is wise, but I really don't know what else to do. Maybe this weather will blow over here pretty soon and I will start improving.

1 comment:

Carey said...

Reality bites.

Hey, and just think, if you meet your deductible sooner in the year, you've got that much more of the year with things paid! That's my philosophy with a family of 9. Better to meet it this time of year than December! =)