Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Wednesday

Again, no news is good news!  I am so thankful for how well I am doing.  Obviously I have a ways to go but I am happy with where I am at and can see that I am making progress.

Life stays busy for all and that is true of our family as well.  Today I had a mandatory meeting to go to for work and I made it through the whole thing pretty well!  I have another next week and I will be thankful to know that my list of required things to get done is growing smaller.

I am beginning to think a little more about what will be happening in the next while.  I have the ultrasound scheduled locally for April 19.  The results of that will determine whether I will need to go back to Baltimore and have another surgery or not.  There was another "spot" detected on the ct scan that can't be seen on the ultrasound that I will need to get checked out, too.  It was described as a possible abscess but was not seen well because it was partially behind the cyst.  There is an 85% chance that I don't have cancer, which is a relief.  However, I have been in the less than 1% with a few medical problems already so I know that I am not totally out of the woods.  It will be good to know what to anticipate.  Nothing would be the very best!  We'll see. . .

The next issue we are contemplating is if I do need surgery, when it will happen.  I've waited this long, so we are hoping that if it is necessary that we can wait until the end of May.  There are many kids programs and nephew graduations, etc., that I would like to feel well enough to attend.  So having surgery the beginning of May doesn't sound all that attractive, but we'll see how it all goes.  One day at a time.

We are all so thankful for all of the good days that I am having and feel so blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praising and thanking the Lord with you! Yes, hope you get to enjoy the next couple months of activities with your family..and everybody get to live a normal (what normal??) schedule for a while. Will pray that the coming exams are unnecessary... things can disappear with prayer! :) Love to all

Anonymous said...

Praising the Lord with you! Hope you have a wonderful Easter together. Will pray that the up and coming tests will show nothing serious... or be gone! Love to you all

Anonymous said...

Kyle and Cindy and family,
We are so thankful for this measure of health that you are experiencing. We hope that you enjoy this wonderful time of actively experiencing your life as a family again. May God continue to bless you in the weeks, months, and years ahead!!
Terry ad Pamela

Carey said...

Praise God for so many good days for you! Praying for continued relief and also for the growth to be gone without surgery,