Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Tuesday

Several days have passed since I last posted.  I have been holding off hoping that I would hear from the doctor but I still haven't.  I continue to be optimistic and will post as soon as I hear from him.

I continue to do very well in regards to my head.  Yes, the headache is still there but it is minor and I would be thrilled if it stays like this or even gets better.  My strength is slower in coming.  I know that it will just take.

I have had some time since feeling better to think a bit about life in general.  With my head feeling better, I am finding that I am noticing more things.  My house hasn't stayed as neat and clean as I would normally like.  I am more aware of conflicts and problems where before I'm not sure if I just was unaware or if I was blocking things because I couldn't deal with it.  The house not being as clean and neat as I would like just isn't such a big deal--it might bother me but it isn't a priority.  Dealing with some challenges my kids are having is a much bigger deal.

As Americans, we put such a big emphasis on "things" that are precious, things that we keep up so nicely, but things that in reality are not important!  We don't take our money or precious "things" with us when we die. Being conservative about spending habits is one thing, but becoming obsessed with money and things is quite another.  Our relationship with the Lord and with family and friends really should be our top priority.  Why focus on stuff that "will pass away" in time?

I am thankful that my ill health has made things more clear to me.  Again, I wouldn't have chosen this path, but it has been a walk in which I have learned so much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good reminders, Cindy. Also, I hope that you hear news from the doctor soon. I'm glad that you continue to do so well and I pray for continued strength day by day!

Mary