Friday, April 27, 2012

Friday

Right now I would describe myself as just plain tired!  :)  It has been a challenge figuring things out at the office and needing to learn quickly since we are now short staffed.  The kids have been busy and even if I am not running all over with them, it is just exhausting.  It is a blessing to be here and a part of it but I look forward to being closer to full strength so that it isn't so overwhelming.  I know it hasn't been so long, but I do wonder if my strength will ever completely return.  Time will tell.

I still haven't heard from the doctor about my abdominal issue.  I checked with the office that did the ultrasound and they weren't able to send the ultrasound electronically as they had hoped so it was mailed.  If I don't hear the beginning of next week I may  need to get another copy and Fed Ex it.  Mail between here and there has not been so reliable in the past.  We are pretty good at the waiting game, though.  We've had lots of experience in that!  :)

This week I finally decided to start going out a bit without my hats.  The scars still show, but I don't think they are quite as startling as they were.  I still get some interesting looks but I do when I am wearing the hats, too, so that is okay.  Progress!  Now that it has cooled down again I might wear them a little more. It is amazing how much "insulation" hair gives!

1 comment:

Carey said...

To encourage you know that this is a crazy busy time of year and even us "healthy" moms get overwhelmed! Hang in there. It seems everything gets crammed into April and June! Praying for good test results and so glad the headaches are still better.