Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Wednesday

We are just a little bit more optimistic after this morning.  We chose to go to the general surgeon today since that is who would do the surgery if necessary.  He didn't rule out the bowel obstruction but is checking a variety of other things out as well through some tests.  We will get results either today or tomorrow afternoon.

The pain continues to be tolerable with medication and can become rather strong if I don't take anything.  I continue on a liquid to soft diet, which I started Monday at the doctors recommendation.  The surgeon asked that I continue on that until a decision is made.  So yogurt, pudding and ice cream have been my primary source of nourishment.  The ironic thing is that I have more pain after eating each time, but it hasn't made a difference moving to the "soft" diet.  I'm not nauseated so watching others eat is challenging my self control, but I have been faithfully sticking to my diet.  :)

The hour trip this morning was rather difficult because I didn't want to take anything until after he saw me.  However, my abdominal pain is still much more tolerable than my head pain.  It would be nice to just skip both, but so it goes. . .

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Prayers for you and your family!

1 Peter 5:7