Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday

It is hard to believe that a new year has begun.  I am praying that this is the year that the Lord returns!

Now that school has started, I want to give a big thank you to OCCS 6th grade class for their continued prayers, beautiful card and gift!  What a blessing it is to know that children are regularly praying for me and to see that they care.  Thank you!!

I am doing pretty well!  My headache is still there, but at a more tolerable level.  I have been able to do some things, and although I am very tired I am not miserable at the end or later which is a great improvement.  On Monday, Kyle and I took the kids to SF to go shopping as a family.  We didn't intend to buy anything, but just to look around and check things out.  I looked at Kyle at one point and asked him when the last time was that we went as a family shopping and he quickly replied, "over five years ago!"  I don't remember doing something like that for years.  Not a big deal to most, and many would say that they wouldn't want to do that but it is quite an accomplishment for our family and time together that we enjoyed.  I did need my wheelchair because my strength is not restored but it was still wonderful.

One of the things that is exciting to me is that I feel like I will be able to get strong again.  Before I always had what felt like a barrier to restoring strength because any exertion would cause my head to get much worse and quickly.  Now I get tired but it is closer to a normal tired or exhaustion that gives me hope that I will be able to move forward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is such wonderful news. The simple things in life are the best and how wonderful that you could participate in that with your whole family. We are praying with you that this is the year that your strength is restored. I do think that the older we get, the more we also think about the Lord's return. Happy New Year to you!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Cindy- Answers to prayers! So glad to read that you feel some improvement. More prayers for happy days for you and the family!