Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday

The abdominal pain has continued, so I finally went in to the doctor today.  I honestly am concerned.  At this point there are no answers, but a suspected bowel obstruction in my lower abdomen.  If the pain hasn't subsided by Wednesday morning, I need to go in for a ct scan.  Of course, if the pain becomes more intense or I start vomiting I will have to go in right away.

Ironically, I have been thinking the last few days about the last time this happened.  It was around 4-5 weeks after my shunt was adjusted and decreased fluid being drained into my abdomen.  Adhesion's developed and caused the problem last time.  It has been about 4.5 weeks since my shunt was adjusted to decrease fluid and this is happening.  Not to reassuring that this might be a repeat of this summer.

However, we are just taking things as they come.  Ibuprofen is still handling the pain pretty effectively so I could watch the repeat of the co-ed drill team performance.  My goal at minimum is to make it through Thursday evening so that I can watch the daddy-daughter drill team performance.  It would be very hard to miss that!

Please pray that this will resolve itself and that it is just a very long lasting virus!  The Lord is sovereign and has a perfect plan and I am working hard on just trusting Him to carry me through whatever His plan is.  One day, one moment at a time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you and your family Hoping you can see your kids perform We continue to pray for you

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you've been able to make it to all the drill-team performances and I'll pray you can make it to the daddy-daughter one. It'll be very fun for you to see Kyle and Kylie out there! That's awesome. Thinking of you and praying that it is just a viral thing, but it is concerning when it was about the same time after the shunt revision that you experienced these things the last time. Praying for you, Cindy!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Just letting you know that we will pray the this may just be a little bump in the road to recovery.