Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesday

I really have a lot to be thankful for!  I continue to concentrate on living one day at a time and appreciating each good day that I am given.  What a joy it is to be feeling better!

A rundown on how things are going in maybe in order.  My head is doing remarkably well!  I still have a headache all the time, but it is mild enough that I can function pretty well.  The sensitivities are improved, but I have a long ways to go in that area.  I have been able to tolerate some things better than I have for a long time, though.  Thankfully I have gone to two of Kylie's drill team events in a gym.  The first time went a little easier because it wasn't as busy or full so I was in the gym for maybe 10-15 minutes.  It was so great to do something relatively normal if only for a short time!  The second was a little louder and busier so I just sat in for the performance, but if either of these had occurred prior to the recent surgery I don't think I could have tolerated it. 

I started a medication 2 weeks ago to help decrease the irritation of the covering of my brain.  I believe that they think this irritation may be at least partially responsible for the problems with sensitivies.  Although it has improved I don't think it is due to the medications yet.  However, they felt that this would take months to improve, so I am not giving up on that.

Finally, the incision by my collarbone is improving.  It has been very irritated by clothing touching it so I usually don't wear anything over it or I cover it with gauze and tape.  For the first time today I wore a loose fitting, soft shirt and it worked!  I still have some pain around the incision where it seems that it just hurts more if I do much with my right arm, etc.  But definitely making progress there.

Overall, things are going well and I am incredibly thankful!

No comments: