Saturday, August 28, 2010

Saturday

It has been a good week overall. This morning I awoke with a stronger headache, which is a bit frustrating. But despite a more painful head, it was a good day. Our older two kids played their violin & cello with a cousin on the violin and aunt on the piano for a wedding. It was just beautiful! I am so proud of all of them! The four will be playing for church in the morning so it will be fun to enjoy the music once more.

I ran into a friend I haven't seen for a while, and it was good to hear how she felt that I looked so much better! She has seen me through many of the tougher times. I have said this many times, but it is just hard to believe that it has been a year since I've had a hospital stay and a year since a surgery. What a blessing and a relief that I can actually stay healthy this long. Sometimes I feel like I am just waiting for the next time--like it is an inevitable thing. Actually it really is inevitable because I know these shunts won't work forever, but I hope that it is so long before they have to be replaced that I actually forget to think about it until it happens! For a while there it was so constant that it felt like it wouldn't end. So a year is really an accomplishment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your healthy year! No hospitals for over a year is quite an accomplishment. Praying that this does continue for a very long time! Still praying for you daily...
Joyce

Mary and Lyle said...

Cindy, I hope we didn't stay too long on Friday night and give you a headache :-) It was awesome to visit again. I continue to pray for you as well. I hope that those shunts won't need to be replaced for a very long time. I'm sure it's just difficult to get over the fear that something is going to happen again. As you said, "He isn't finished with you yet." Keep plugging away, girl!

Mary