Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday

I haven't written for a while. My headaches have continued to vary quite a bit, but overall stronger and more uncomfortable. This becomes discouraging after a while. However, yesterday was the best day that I have had for a while. It was hot and humid but that doesn't necessarily affect me while the fluctuations do. My headache was very mild and I was able to do more than I typically do without the headache increasing. What a blessing it was to have a good day! Today started very good but this evening it is a little stronger--but definitely not bad.

Although the headaches have been more bothersome, it still has not been nearly as bad as they had been "before." I am very thankful for that. I have been told that I am looking so much better, and I have noticed that people don't comment about me looking ill. That is such a blessing and something that I had looked forward to for a long time. Along with it, though, is the challenge that although I look "normal" again I still don't have the strength to do nearly as much as I used to. I think along with looking better comes they normal expectations that I am not able to accomplish. Rather strange challenge, but a challenge none the less.

School starts this week. Tanner officially starts high school on Tuesday and the younger three on Wednesday. Back to a schedule, which should be a good thing, and hopefully a little more quiet time for me which should also be good. But it also becomes more busy with the extra stuff so we'll see how it all comes together. Tanner is definitely ready for high school. It is amazing how time passes so quickly. I remember his first day of pre-school when he was to introduce me by name with the other preschoolers and parents and we discovered that he didn't know my name! He introduced me as mom. It was so cute! Now he starts high school.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope everyone's school year goes smoothly!

Mary and Lyle said...

That's such a cute story about Tanner! We continue to pray for you, Cindy. It is difficult when you look so much better, but don't feel nearly all the way better. We are so thankful for so much improvement though. You looked GREAT the other day. Hope the first day of school goes well for everyone and that the quiet home will help you even more with your recovery!

Carey said...

Oh, wow, they grow up so fast!! Good to talk to you for a minute tonight. Praying for a good first HS year for Tanner!