Monday, September 14, 2009

Moving on

Ok, I had to get past a few things last week and am determined to move forward. I really am, too. I just have to remind myself of that. Sometimes people see me for a short time and assume that I should be back to normal because I seem normal for those moments. Then I get frustrated because if they think I should be back to normal, I really should. I try to do too much then get stopped and am miserable. What a windy road we walk sometimes.

I decided on Thursday that I am done with hats. My hair is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch long now and mostly covers the incisions in the front. I even went to church without a hat this Sunday for the first time I think since December. Wow! I must say I feel like I forgot to fully get dressed when my hat is missing, but it is so nice not to have it on. When I am around people that don't know me I still get double takes and looks, but I guess I did when I had a hat on, too.

Since I have enjoyed the Psalms so much I am doing a study on the Psalms of Ascents, and that has been so good for me. The Lord has been so gracious and patient with this impatient woman that lacks faith even though He has been so faithful to me. I pray that my faith continues to grow through the trials He has set before me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are a true testament of God's love, Cindy. thanks for the words today. peace and grace to you.

Anonymous said...

I thought your hair looked great on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Cindy- I just checked back to your blog after a week or so and am so encouraged with your improvement. Thanking the Lord, and asking for continued healing.