Saturday, August 29, 2009

patience

I need to continue exercising patience. This has been a week where I feel like I can see that I have improved a bit. I am getting a little bit stronger and doing a little bit more. Today was a fun day. To celebrate my 40th and my dad's 60th birthday (our b-days are less then a month apart) we drove to Okoboji together and rode the Queen II boat ride around the lake then went out for supper. We did this without kids and just had a very relaxing and enjoyable time celebrating this milestone in both of our lives. My dad promised me while I was in the hospital that if I recovered from my illness we were going to celebrate--so we enjoyed that celebration today. I need to continue remembering that it is an accomplishment to simply be here, and my strength mentally and physically will come.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy- So thankful that you are celebrating.. you should! Thanking the Lord for your healing, and praying for continued healing, and strength... since you are such a go getter! :) Love, Millie

Mary and Lyle said...

I thought that was such a neat idea for your birthdays! I'm glad the weather cooperated this time! What a wonderful and relaxing time. I will continue to pray for patience for you!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
What a nice idea for the both of you to enjoy your birthdays and to have some quality time together! Better, stonger days are coming for you. Hang in there!
Joyce