Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Another doctor visit

I visited the general surgeon yesterday. Overall it went well. He is a little puzzled by the rash and also said to give it another month or so. The pancreas issue was discussed and he felt that it could be another couple months before I am able to eat normally. He wasn't alarmed by it but just said that sometimes it just takes awhile for it to settle down and work normally. The pain in my right side under the rib may be the pancreas acting up and it may be from the tubing draining my shunt that is sitting in that area. Either way there isn't much that can be done about it and not overly concerning. Simply put, I need just give it all more time. He thought I was looking a lot better then when I was in the hospital. He is a very kind man.

I have been so blessed with good doctors. Dr Post in RV has just been wonderful, I appreciated the work of Dr Heffez immensely and now I have a new ns that is also kind and caring. I have much to be thankful for.

My head has been doing a little better since the adjustment to the shunt was done last week. Basically they are allowing the shunt to drain more fluid then before so it reduces the pressure within my head. Yesterday and today haven't been as good of days again but I am attributing that to the weather we are having today. But the weather isn't bothering me as much as it was so hopefully that is a good sign that the adjustment helped. Sometimes it seems as though each day is a battle of its own, between trying to eat things that settle, gaining strength but feeling weak, and dealing with my head. I am thankful to be where I am now, though. The Lord does use these tough times in our lives. I wouldn't have chosen this path but the Lord knew best.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying that Our Father showers you with grace like rain.

Carey said...

Amen to the last post! And rain that doesn't hurt your head...healing rain...

It was great to see you at the Open House last night! So wonderful you could go. Hang in there! praying for complete healing...and faster than normal!