Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Celebration

I have a list of things that I really would like to do, as I mentioned earlier. So many things I have been limited on because I couldn't tolerate the noise and movement around me. Well, one of those items on the list was attending a music concert and I had the privilege last night. Kyle and I attended a Steve Green concert and it was so awesome! What a gifted Christian man he is. It was a little too loud but I made it through the concert and really enjoyed it. What a blessing to be able to attend and enjoy--without earplugs! I had them along and thought about putting them in my ears but I really didn't want to have to do that unless I really had to. My head is a little more achy today but very tolerable--nothing like before.

Each good day is a blessing and we are appreciating each day that we are given that is good. I went in to the office yesterday and today for a little while. While hugely overwhelming at this point I will keep working at that and will hopefully get on top of everything eventually. Again, one day at a time. Next week Tuesday and Thursday I will be seeing the general surgeon and neurosurgeon. I will have the customary ct scan done of my head but I expect a good report from the ns. I am a little more concerned with my liver or pancreas. I continue to have pain in the area of my lower right rib and am still struggling with eating some foods. As long as my head remains pretty good I can deal with these other things.

Thank you for your prayers! As I get out a little more I run into people often that tell me they have been praying for me and our family. What a blessing that is!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy & Family,
It is so good to read the progress of your recovery and that things are going well.How often we don't take time to think of all the blessings in life until we are led through difficult times in our lives!You are a wonderful testimony and blessing to many by means of the blogsite.Thank-you for updating us every few days ,there is not a day that goes by that we don't think of you and your family and we continue to remember you in our prayers.

Love, Uncle Al, Aunt Alice & Family