Thursday, August 20, 2009

Doctor visit

The visit went well today. The ct scan looked good--they always have so I wasn't too concerned about that. Since the headache is on again but staying very mild he decided to adjust the shunt to lower the pressure by 10%, which is a small adjustment. We are hoping that will help with the fluctuations weather seems to be causing and reduce the ringing in the ears. Overall he was pretty positive, though, and felt things were going pretty well. I think so, too. Like I told him, I think it is huge progress when I can have the radio on in the car. I haven't enjoyed or tolerated that for a long time.

The rash, which is a minor nuisance, he thought might be a result of having so many strong antibiotics for the period of time that I had them. I think it is anyone's guess at this point but hopefully it will go away in the next month or two. He was not surprised at all that I am still very weak and not doing a much yet--he felt that would definitely take more time after everything that happened. Again, patience is a virtue I need to keep working on.

I see the general surgeon on Monday and will talk to him about the pain in my pancreas (or liver) and the eating problems I am having.

Today was a good day. My mom took me this time and we got a little shopping done. I am wiped out--no surprise there!

2 comments:

Mary and Lyle said...

It sounds like the doctor is really pleased with your progress and that he had answers to some of your questions. I'm glad that the day went well and that you even got a little shopping done with your mom. Praise the Lord for the little things...like being able to listen to the radio in the car. That's neat!

Anonymous said...

Patience can be so hard! We are keeping you in our prayers daily. Hoping you get some answers next week regarding your appetite and eating. Maybe once they figure that out, you will be able to regain some weight and some strength at the same time! Glad to hear they adjusted your pressure. Hope and pray that helps you keep your headaches at a very mild state or reduces them to no headaches which is the goal! :)
God Bless!
Joyce