Monday, June 4, 2012

Monday

The "fun" may be beginning again.

Last Wednesday I had the ultrasound again but thought it would all turn out fine.  Evidently it didn't.  I spoke with my local doctor office and Johns Hopkins Gynecologic Oncologist and both seem to think that the cyst we've been watching is going to need to come out quickly.  I don't have final confirmation of this, but the two office expectations seemed to be similar in saying they are concerned and things will probably happen quickly.

I had the actual ultrasound sent overnight today to JH.  Previously I had just had the radiologist report sent there.  They hope to call me Wednesday after reviewing the ultrasound and then a plan will be made.  I am trying to mentally prepare for another medical journey.  We are praying that it will be a simple laproscopic surgery with an easy recovery.  Of course, ovarian cancer is the big concern and if they find that the surgery will turn into something much bigger.

We are all reeling in shock that this is happening.  Since I have been doing so well I really had put this out of my  mind and behind me.  Well, here it is again.  We trust that the Lord has a plan in all of this, but it isn't so easy right now!

I will post again when I know more.  Please pray for our family as we are dealing with an unexpected turn in the road.  Last week I was so happy as I walked through the hospital corridor for the ultrasound, thinking that perhaps my medical journey had ended.  Now it appears that I was privately celebrating too soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Prayers and hope for a short trial/

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

You are in my daily prayers. I will pray that the surgery is a laproscopic surgery and that the cysts are benign. Hang in there ~ keep trusting in God for he has a plan for you!

Joyce