Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tuesday

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength.  They shall mount up with wings as eagles!  They shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

As a child I remember singing this verse and it continues running through my mind today as everything has gotten quite overwhelming.

As of this evening, I am going to be flying to Baltimore with my mom on Tuesday, December 6.  I have the shunt patency test on Wednesday and then see the neurosurgeon on Thursday.  The results will determine the next steps.  There is a possibility that they would put an anti-siphoning device in on Friday.  They still seem to think that that is the logical next step but we will see what the test result shows.  The surgery, if it would occur, would probably be Friday morning.  I would stay one night in the hospital and be released on Saturday.  We have booked the tickets to fly back on Monday, December 12. 

I struggle with what feels like chasing after the wind.  Do I continue trying to improve my headache?  I am not as bad as I have been at times, but really not very good either.  How long and how many times do I have test after test and the emotional, financial and time that it all continues to take?  It is hard to know when to call it enough.  At this point we have decided that since this anti-siphoning device is something JH has talked about since the first time that I was there that we would do the testing and see if they decide it is necessary.  Then we will see what happens.  One day at a time.  The Lord does have a plan for our family and I need to continue trusting in that.

No comments: