Saturday, November 19, 2011

Saturday

Tami is home!  She came home yesterday afternoon.  She continues to have quite a bit of pain but is controlling it somewhat well with a few pain medications and a nausea medication.  She has a ways to go, but the worst is behind her.

I am holding my own.  I don't think I was as bad as I was when this most recent downturn began, but not so great, either.  My goal has been that if I could go to the concert Tanner performed in on Tuesday and the Honor's Orchestra that Kylie performed in on Friday that I would be content.  They have several more concerts and performances they are involved in but these two were my priority.  Thankfully, I made it to both!  Some challenges of course, but I was there and that is what counts.

Hopefully the spinal tap will give us some answers on Tuesday, but I am a little skeptical.  It seems that this is a bit of a mystery and I guess I would be surprised if we had a definitive answer that provided a long lasting and effective solution.  Perhaps it has just been to long, to many tests and many disapointments.  I am not giving up, but maybe it is a form of self-preservation to not count on a cure. 

Day by day and moment by moment we walk this journey.  The Lord has been gracious in providing what we need when we need it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

So glad Tami is home and glad that you were able to go to both concerts!! The boys and I went to the NISO concert on Tuesday afternoon and saw Tanner! What a nice concert. Continuing to remember you in our prayers. We'll be thinking of you with your spinal tap and also as you plan a trip to Johns Hopkins! Take care.

Mary