Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Wednesday

Today started with a bang.  My dad is in the hospital.  He woke up abruptly about 3:00 this morning with severe dizziness and nausea.  He made it into the bathroom but completely lost his strength and was not able to move off the floor after getting there.  Ultimately the ambulance had to come and get him and he was admitted into the RV hospital.  They have the nausea somewhat under control but the dizziness is still very bad and he is very weak.  The doctors feel that they have ruled out stroke and heart attack, which we were relieved to hear, but they don't have a diagnosis.  They suspect a problem with the inner ear.  I had just seen my dad last night and he was doing very well, so this was quite unexpected.  Dad is always very strong and independent so it was hard seeing him in a hospital bed and knowing that he let mom call the ambulance last night alone tells me that he was and is very sick.

I called Omaha today and they said now that they hope to have an answer by Friday.  The ns that I have an appointment with tomorrow had his nurse call me today.  She had a lot of questions, including how I got the appointment in the first place.  She is going to discuss things with the doctor and let me know if I can still come in or not tomorrow morning by 8:30.  I am not surprised by this but it will be interesting to see if he still agrees to see me.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Please tell your family that we are praying.