Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wednesday

I have had a lot of practice in functioning with a headache, and I guess I am honing up my skills.  It is not the worst that I have had by far.  Not real great, either.  I am going to work in the morning and trying to spend time resting my brain and call "local" neurosurgeons in the afternoon.  This calling of doctors is discouraging and I am disliking the task, but I would really like to have someone from around here adjust the shunt soon rather than go back to Baltimore. 

Noise is still a big issue, and not so tolerable.  I am noticing more light sensitivity again, my ears are ringing louder and I try not to move my head much.  I believe that I have recovered much of my ability to eat, although not yet to the point that I was before this last surgery.  However, I am nauseated all the time again.  It is rather strange because that nausea doesn't seem to be affected by eating or lack thereof, so I think it is again pressure related.  Of course if I eat the wrong thing, it gets worse and I have pain in my abdomen.  I really prefer pain in my belly than pain in my head, though, if I had the choice between the two.

No comments: